If you are looking to get the kids out of the house and have some fun for Halloween, here is a list of Halloween events in the Boise that are family-friendly and perfect for kids of all ages.
- Boo at the Zoo. 10 am – 5:00 pm Saturday, October 31st. Costume contest, face painting, pumpkin patch photos. Admission is $7 for adults, $4.25 for kids 3-11, and free for kids 2 and under.
- Spooktacular: Geared towards children younger than 12, Zoo Boise’s event is a walking tour that includes a variety of fun Halloween displays, activities, and a few animal encounters all designed for younger children. Spooktacular will also present a black light Halloween dance party, mascot meet-and-greets, professional magic, the Bone Yard, mini hay bale maze, a chance to hang out in the Bat House at night, and much more! The event runs evenings and lasts about an hour. Regular admission fees apply. Hours are 6:00pm – 9:00pm on October 16, 17, 23 and 24 and 5:30 pm-8:00 pm on October 18 and 25.
- Celebrate the release of the new Peanuts movie at Albertsons in Meridian. There will be an interactive Peanuts “pop-up” museum, photo booth, appearance by Snoopy, prize wheel, and more. Get more info here. Albertsons Snoopy Release Party.
- The Farmstead Corn Maze and Pumpkin Festival: There are a ton of fun Halloween activities for kids of all ages at the Farmstead including a pumpkin patch, games, face painting, animals, pony rides, hay rides and so much more! Runs most evenings and open at 10:00 am on Halloween. 1020 S. Rackham Way, Meridian, ID 83642. see their website for details. http://www.farmsteadfestival.com/
- Halloween Spectacular at the Boise Public Library: Sat., Oct. 31, 2 p.m. 208-972-8200
Boise Public Library Hayes Auditorium 715 S. Capitol Blvd.. Families of all ages will enjoy music, parachutes, bubbles, dancing and loads of fun. Paige Moore will present a special Halloween Music and Movement program, based on the book Halloween Pie, by children’s author Michael Tunnell.
- Monster Bash at Michael’s. Face painting and costume parade at participating Michael’s stores.