Need ideas on something to do with your sweetheart this #Valentine’s Day? Take a look at some of the happenings in Boise this year.
- Wild at Heart at Zoo Boise, 2/7/15 from 10am-5pm. Enjoy FREE admission to Zoo Boise for their 2nd annual Wild at Heart Event. The zoo animals will receive Valentine’s Day themed enrichment. Face painting and photo op’s are also available for a small donation that will go towards zoo improvement projects. You can also make valentine cards for your favorite animals. Last admission into the zoo will be at 4:30pm.
- See Nelson at the Helm (A Valentine’s Night) performing at The District Coffee House from 7:30-8:30pm Valentine’s Night.
- Zhoo Zhoo Valentine’s Open House at Hell’s Canyon Winery. Enjoy wine tastings from both Zhoo Zhoo and parent brand Hell’s Canyon Feb. 7th and 8th from 12-5pm and again Feb. 13th-15th from 12-5pm. Treats and discounts on bottle and case purchases available . Price $5-$7
- FREE long stem rose from Paperie + Pen for your Valentine with Village at Meridian gift card purchase of $40 or more. February 1-14th while supplies last.
- Escaping Solitary: Pre-Valentine’s Mixer at the Old Idaho Penitentiary Friday, February 13th. A 21+ only event from 6-11pm (last admission 9pm). $8 at the door or save and get tickets in advance at www.brownpapertickets.com. Explore the old prison and enjoy beer by Crooked Fence all night. Enjoy scavenger hunts and a showing of the Old Pen’s feature on the show “Ghost Adventures.” There will be prison-themed trivia with cash prizes, giveaways, and a singles’ mixer. Warm up by the fire pits and listen to some tunes in the historic Trusty Dorm. Call 208-334-2844 for more details.
- Romancing the Pen at the Old Idaho Penitentiary Saturday, February 14th, 12-9pm (last admission 8pm). Looking for something other than roses or chocolates this Valentine’s Day? The Old Idaho Penitentiary is offering a unique alternative this Valentine’s Day. Stroll through the site and snuggle up with your Valentine or find the true meaning of “ball and chain.” Visitors can read through our special exhibits “Romancing the Pen: ‘Love’ Stories from the Penitentiary” and “In the Name of Love.”
- Casablanca will show at the Egyptian Theatre for one night only on Valentine’s Day, Saturday, February 14, 2015 at 7:00pm. Doors open at 6:00pm. Tickets bought online are $9 (price includes sales tax). If tickets remain on the night of the show, they can be purchased at the Egyptian box office for $11. Beer & wine will be available for moviegoers’ age 21 years and older.
- This Valentine’s Day put the “hilarity in charity” with hundreds of half-naked runners taking to the streets in celebration at the Cupids Undie Run, a fundraising event for the Children’s Tumor Foundation. Registration is $55, and starts at noon.
- When you go bowling at Pinz Bowling Center this Saturday, February 14, 5pm-midnight get a FREE glass of champagne or sparkling cider while you bowl with your sweetheart (one per person while supplies last).
- Head out to Humpin’ Hannah’s for the Clumsy Fest on Friday, February 13th and Saturday, February 14th. Enjoy square dancing and a picking circle while listening to live bands. This is a 21+ event that costs $7. Starts at 7pm both nights.
- Ballet Idaho will be performing their show Mosaic, Rubies, Pirates! Friday February 13th and Saturday February 14th at the Morrison Center. The show runs from 8-10pm and ticket prices range from $38-$58.
- Take part in the Valentine’s Dash. The 3rd annual Valentine’s Dash Love’em or Lose’em 5K begins at 10:00 a.m. on Valentine’s Day, Saturday, February 14th near the Rose Garden in Julia Davis Park in Boise. Runners, walkers and strollers are all WELCOME! Running bibs will be available with the following messages: Single, Taken, and It’s Complicated! Awards will be given to the top three male and female finishers and prizes will be given away for best costume. There will be T-shirts in men’s and women’s sizes, kissing booths with local celebrities, a photo backdrop with fun costumes and props, and much more. Registration is $40 per individual or $75 per couple.